Monday, November 13, 2017

You Said You'd Be Okay

Kobi,

Sometimes I get mad at you. Yes, mad at you. I know that probably makes me a terrible person to get angry at a dead person. But I can't help it. I told you I was worried. I told you the crime rate was sky rocketing in Indy and that you should come closer to home. I told you that I needed you, and that meant you needed to be safe, always. But you brushed me off. You told me you would be okay and that the area you lived in was safe. I know you, and I know you didn't really think about it. You assumed you would be fine, and that the crime wouldn't find you. But it found you. They, found you. And you can't change the outcome, anymore than I can.

Sometimes I'm angry that you didn't out run them. You were fit, and fast. But I know you can't run faster than bullets. I know you held on for as long as you could. You fought hard to stay here for these girls. You gave it your all. I just wish I had fought harder to convince you to come home. I was worried that you would be too unhappy if you were further from your friends and your team. Yes, we were your world, but you needed them too. You were always very social, and it's what made you, you. I'm trying to forgive a lot of people in this situation. You'll have to be a little understanding, if one of those is also you.

I needed you. I still need you.

Love you,

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presence

 Kob, I finished the last of my assignments today. I have a final on Thursday, and then I'm done. It feels so surreal but I'm also s...